Re: [school-discuss] Security and Linux

I agree with what has already been said. I'm sure Linux can be very secure,
but it rarely so 'out of the box' and in the hands of those without a lot of
experience and information to hand. Just like any other platform, as well as
requiring careful configuration, it also needs a reasonable amaount of effort
putting in watching for vulnerabilities and keeping up to date with patches.

I would recommend the O'Reilly Firewalls book (the one with the portcullis on
the front) as a great introduction to the subject which would better prepare
you to argue your corner on many security issues - not just those relating to
firewalls.

Cheers
--
Phil Driscoll