Re: [school-discuss] 3D interactive games for Kindergarten fromopen source

Bruno Coudoin wrote:

> Hi, I am the author of gcompris.
>
> What problem are you facing with gcompris in K12LTSP.
>
> Tell me, maybe I can help ;)

I don't have physical access to the system, so I have to do this from
memory.  I can log onto it from work, but only in the text mode. Here's
basically what I was seeing:

On the terminals, all the characters where displayed as little squares
instead of letters/numbers.  If I ran it on the server though,
everything looked great.  I think it complained about UTF-8.  Maybe
you've seen this before and know the answer off the top of your head.
If not, I'll have to try it again.

The other problem IIRC, was that sometimes it wouldn't update the screen
unless you "painted" it with the mouse.

jthomas@bittware.com  http://www.bittware.com          (703) 779-7770
The sooner you get behind, the more time you'll have to catch up