From: Ossi-bounces@oss-institute.org
[mailto:Ossi-bounces@oss-institute.org]On Behalf Of Tom Adelstein
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 9:51 AM
To: gov-list@ssc.com; ossi@oss-institute.org;
schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net
Subject: [Ossi] Government Open Code Collaborative

This article starts off singing the praises of GOCC.gov, then reminds
the reader: you discover that it has built one more bureaucracy to
oversee its existing bureaucracy, with oversight over the new
bureaucracy.

It looked like a good idea at first. My original reservation about
walling itself off looks like a prophecy. A bunch of bureaucrats
contemplating their navels. Prisoners running the asylum?

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7932