Re: [school-discuss] Canadian Schools using Linux servers

Hi,

I have run Linux servers for many years (since about 1996). We have used them as dialup routers for years and current use one for a firewall. We have used a linux server for file and print services for Windows workstations for a couple of years (via samba). Due to politics, we were forced to use a Windows server to take over network logons. The Linux server still provides file service for various things (and has for 9 years or so...) We currently use Linux servers for division wide email and web server service. I also use these servers for Proxy Caches (squid) for the web and DNS as well.

Les Richardson
H. Hardcastle School
Edam, SK. Canada