Re: [school-discuss] Edmodo

Looks like Facebook for School.  Interesting.  I had never heard of it.  Thanks also for the info on speech recognition, and for promoting Schoolforge at your conference.  :)

On 2013-02-20 13:59, LM wrote:

We had our Tech Conference yesterday.  It was loaded with topics such
as working with IPads and available apps.  Checked out the vendor
hall.  One vendor said they offered streaming content for education.
When I asked if they had Open content and mentioned I knew teachers
interested in it, he said they only offered licensed content.  I did
notice one talk (other than mine) on Open Source.  Someone did two
sessions on how to work with Scratch.  I mentioned Schoolforge more
than once in my own session on Free and Open Source Software.

One thing they really pushed at the Tech Conference this year was
Edmodo.  Might be a good way to let educators who aren't familiar with
Open Source find out more, by posting about Open Source tools for
teachers on Edmodo.  Couldn't help wondering if there were any groups
for sharing information about Open Source already on Edmodo.  Has
anyone run across any useful Edmodo groups?  Anyone using Edmodo?
###