Re: [school-discuss] Syllabus Article: Learning Management Systems: Seeking Paradigms for Collaboration

Dear colleagues,

it seems to me that COMPACT, the Comenius 3 -network
http://www.eduprojects.net supported by the EU is doing things parallel to
your activities. Impressio, the content management system made on LAMP
conception, is ready for use, and can be given free to educational
communities. eJournal, the light version of Impressio,  is used successfully
in project work, just surf to http://ejournal.eduprojects.net , click on
Browsing and have a look.
Teachers of my LIP course (Learn Internet Projects by Doing) use eJournal,
and there are participants from a dozen of countries, from Holland to
Hungary, from South Africa to Uzbekistan.
I started my projects in the academic year 1994/95, and eJournal is the best
tool for project making I have met so far. If there is something better, try
to convince me :-)!
Please contact Pentti.Pirhonen@jamsa.fi , the coordinator of COMPACT, if you
wish to take these content management systems into free use.

Best regards,

:-)ilpo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A networked teacher is