Re: [school-discuss] Lindows offered to educational sector

mike eschman <meschman@etc-edu.com> wrote ..
> hello,
>
> not to be too blunt, but what makes you think you have any say in it?
>
> lindows probably has better access to schools than you do, as they get
> $$$ in
> many more venues, and have wal-mart backing.
>
> they can come in and do what they like.
>
> be grateful, if it was hp, ibm sun or one of those, they would just hand
> you
> your hat and send you home.
>
> mike eschman, etc ...

Perhaps I may need to explain myself. I am not worried at all for me or my project. My project will continue to strive forward even If I am the only one that uses the project on my desktop. I personally am not concerned if my project is used. What I am primarly concerned with is Linux moving forward into Educational Sectors. So that is fine they have more money and compete and get into schools easier. I am not worried about "going out of business" because I am not a business. I have no intention of making a profit hence the registered non-profit status.

While yes people can do searches on the internet and find all the info they need on various distributions and reviews and all why can not a consise list/review of the various projects out, that a school can go to and get "educated" on the various projects why they exist why so many blah blah blah. What my primary concern is the fact that while Lindows may have the marketing money and so on I dont they technically are up to snuff. I dont want people to get marketing info or something from Lindows use it find problems have problems then have to pay for support in order to get a bad taste and then possibly never use Linux in the school systems again.

Just my thoughts but you can ignore them if you want. No biggy to me.As I am just asking questions.