Re: [school-discuss] DSS for Teachers, Adminstrators....

Gerard Lam wrote:

Just a thought - We can obtain and compile a master database of each state's
curriculum standards (or link to another DB system)?  Then the next step
would be to have a system (some call it a curriculum manager) or program in
which it can match the right lesson plan (or content)  to fulfill the
specified requirements. Lesson plans (pulled form a pool of content) can
then be presented to the educator, which in turn can pick the one to fulfill
that requirement (or have it be done automatically)...  [...] Of course, time has
to be spent on gathering the functional requirements, process,  and many
other details...and more importantly is there already something like that
out there?

Chris Hornbaker is working on something similar to this at OpenSchooling.org:

http://openschooling.org/en/about.php

I don't know the current status of that project, but I think it's best to collaborate with him on this rather than to start anew.

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain