Re: [school-discuss] recommendation request for Intro to IT class syllabus

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Peter Ruwoldt <ruwoldtp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Perhaps consider using both office suits on the grounds that not all
> students are in a position where they can afford MS Office. Oo is a good way
> to repair some inequity and if you start by giving all students exposure and
> so some choice that is a good thing.

OOo is already installed on all workstations, and some faculty use
them in classes, but the senior thesis (mandatory for all students)
requirements dictate MS Office, so I have to clear the decision with
faculty council before actually making OO the standard for student
work.

Of course, I do prefer to give them OO, but I simply won't be able to
get approval by the time that Spring courses begin.

--
Micheal Cooper
Miyazaki, Japan (GMT+9, no DST)