Re: [school-discuss] Fight Against SOPA

Thanks to all who've voted so far.  Thanks, also for the creative ideas.  Any more brainstorms out there?  We have a range of suggestions now.

David

----- Message from drsloomis@xxxxxxx ---------
    Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 01:04:10 -0500
    From: Ed Owens <drsloomis@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [school-discuss] Fight Against SOPA
      To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm with Jim on this one...calling attention to the issue is one thing. Bringing activity to a screeching halt is another, and more likely to turn people away than get them motivated, especially for a resource like SourceForge. While I definitely agree with calling attention to it, I'm not sure forcing the user through a landing page is the way to go either, especially if they have to do any scrolling clicking to get through to what they need.

A possible compromise of Bill's compromise...a landing page that posts some brief info about the issue with a clickable link to go read further that redirects after a set time. A image / link could also be placed at the top of the left-hand column that would also direct users to more information.

Ed