Re: [school-discuss] Apologies for my ignorance but....

On 1/28/12, Justin Riddiough <jriddiough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think the
> SchoolForge website could be used well as a clearing house sort of resource
> similar to the software listing, but towards funneling users towards open
> content resources.

Would very much like to see the SchoolForge web site head in this direction.

I'll see if I can start by adding some of the software resources that
were mentioned in the discussion to our current software list at
Schoolforge.  I know about a lot of Open Source software out there,
but I don't know what would be most useful to others in their
education projects.  So, Schoolforge at the moment is far from a
comprehensive list of Open Source software.  If there are tools you
think should be added or categories where you'd like to find software,
please be sure to mention it.  Also, if you know of other Open Source
software that could be used for open textbook projects, please be sure
to speak up so it can be added to our Schoolforge software list.

I look forward to seeing what other helpful results come out of the
textbook brainstorming discussion.

Sincerely,
Laura
http://www.distasis.com/cpp/osrclist.htm