Re: [school-discuss] Linux in Education mini-conference at LCA2003?

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Leon Brooks wrote:

> If we were to run a Linux in Education one- or two-day miniconference before
> LCA2003 (Tuesday and possibly also Monday, in parallel with the Debian
> mini-conference) who here would be interested in attending? Who would be
> interested in doing a presentation? The main LCA2003 pages are at
> http://conf.linux.org.au/ and http://linux.conf.au/, it is being held in
> sunny Perth, Western Australia, at the end of January (-: AKA `winter' in the
> USA and Europe :-)

Depending on the size of the event, and the availablity of cheap (<$800USD
round trip, right now it's $1600USD round trip), I might be able to make
the event.

Another issue for me is overlapping with LinuxWorld Expo New York City,
normally at the end of January...

I do some Linux consulting for a company with a field office in Perth
(company is based in Denver, CO, USA, with a major office here in Tucson,
Arizona, USA), and I might be able to get them to offset some of the
expense of me attending.

> I plan to do a presentation to ECAWA, the educator's computing alliance, at
> their conference in September. If I can see enough interest to make it worth
> my while organising an education mini-conference at LCA2003, I would also do
> two of the presentations, one on infrastructure and one from the educator's
> PoV. I would be very interested in relinquising that second presentation to a
> genuine teacher. (-:

What kind of turn out are you expecting, I could put together a
presentation on the future of the desktop in educational environments,
etc.

			Harry

--
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder