Re: [school-discuss] partial success integrating linux into thelocalschools

The KnowHow Network is a working progress.  I'll tell everyone a little
about it.

First, I am Jon Adam, and I have made lots and lots of money (not to brag)
building replacement parts for bull dozers, cranes, etc.  I started using
Open Source about two years ago.  Until then I had always used a mac.  I
still do some now.  I have donated countless computers to children without
them, local schools that needed them, and anyone else I could find.  I
change computers sometimes like some people change shoes.  :)  I decided
to build the KnowHow Network as a way of giving back to people so that
technology can continue to grow.  And I have lots of free time.

The KnowHow Network is a network of sites deisgned to help people with
their computer related problems.  We are in the process of building a
massive knowledge database, 290 gigs as of this morning.  We are buliding
a system that will allow someone to type in a question,i.e "How do I start
KDE from command Line?" and the system takes their question and searches
our database and builds a flowchart system to guide them through their
problem by asking them questions in return. IE" Have you typed startx?"
and so on and so forth until they find their solution.  If the system
doesn't help them, then they can post it on our forum, mailing list
(coming soon) or email support@knowhownet.net and one of the 15 techs I
have hired will find their answer and email it back to them.  We will do
all of this for free.  We build open source software as well, and it will
soon be available at knowhownet.net/downloads when the site is complete.
We just threw up a basic site to kind of get our name out there and to
start helping people.

As far as "We are pleased to announce" I just like to get people's
attention, but we are very please to announce it.  I hate seeing children
that do not have the technology to help them learn.  Our local
superintendent has been fighting us lately.  At the last board meeting he
said "Technology will never affect a child's ability to get a high quality
education."  I jumped all over him for that and decided to run for school
board next year.  BTW, I just turned 21 last weekend, so it always catches
people off guard.

I didn't set the company up as non-profit though, it is incorporated.  I
do appreciate your generous offer of adding us to your links though.

Thanks Again

Jon

--
Jon Adam