Re: [school-discuss] Re: Karoshi, anyone? -> gradebook

Daniel Howard wrote:

You know, from Jim's posting talking about Win Edu titles working under Wine, could we also generate a list of titles that folks have gotten working under Wine, and any special things they had to do to make it work? I think that would be a great resource on SchoolForge: if you're considering the move to Linux in the future, but still buying Win/Mac CD-ROM titles, buy these since they also work under Linux...

William suggested I check out the Codeweaver site:

http://appdb.winehq.org/

and they had a link to Frank's Corner, which also has a list of applications and howtos on running Win apps under Wine:

http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=home

Problem is neither site has any examples like MathBlaster, ReaderRabbit, etc. so I think it's going to be up to us SchoolForgers if an educationally oriented list of apps is going to be generated.

Daniel