Re: [school-discuss] Re: Karoshi, anyone? -> gradebook

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 22:48 -0400, Daniel Howard wrote:

> You know, from Jim's posting talking about Win Edu titles working under
> Wine, could we also generate a list of titles that folks have gotten
> working under Wine, and any special things they had to do to make it
> work?  I think that would be a great resource on SchoolForge: if you're
> considering the move to Linux in the future, but still buying Win/Mac
> CD-ROM titles, buy these since they also work under Linux...

On that note, the older Win title need to be cataloged along with
admin/tech notes on what it takes to make them run under wine. Will need
to track data such as wine version, Linux distro version and release.
Basically the same thing that wine does now in the database of apps. Or
better, just use a link back to that database section on the wine site
and just list the titles and some notes on SchoolForge.
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>