[school-discuss] Linux in a school PC-Lab [Was: Knoppix vs. Freeduc vs. ???]

Salvatore Gambacorta wrote:
[...]
> I'd like to help their school
out by providing assistance in establishing a PC lab and I feel Linux is
the way to go. I have calculated that 20 donated PC's running Knoppix
would save the school about AU$40,000.00 (new @ retail + Windows).
Dear Salvatore,

I saw from previous POST in this thread that some guys suggested an LTSP (www.ltsp.org) or K12LTSP (www.k12ltsp.org) based architecture. You should give a look to both projects 'cause if you have one machine being usable as a "server" (lot of ram, lot of CPU and lot of disk) [K12]LTSP can save you lot of time in setup and configuration.

If you need help, feel free to ask.

Furthermore, maybe it would be useful, for you, to give a look to this article:
...as far as I remember, although being not based on LTSP, it should contain lot of useful suggestions.

Hope this help.

Cheers,
Damiano

--