Re: [school-discuss] geography software

Thanks! Some of these links look good. The map drills might be the most useful. Also, thanks to Bruno- I had totally forgotten about gcompris... it's even already installed... Thanks to Dr. Wallace, ALICE is awesome! We're going to put that and some of Mike's links into the next image as bookmarks.

Thanks for the help!
Jake

mike eschman wrote:

hello,

hope this helps.

finding your way with map and compass :
http://mac.usgs.gov/mac/isb/pubs/factsheets/fs03501.html

how to read the topographical symbols on a map :
http://mac.usgs.gov/mac/isb/pubs/booklets/symbols/

the national atlas :
http://nationalatlas.gov/atlasvue.html

what is remote sensing, and how is it used?
http://terraweb.wr.usgs.gov/kids/

statistics on the United States (CIA Factbook) :
http://www.etc-edu.com/modules.php?name=BOOKS&cat=Reference&cid=18&BookTitle=CIA+Factbook+2000+&SectionID=4559&BookID=244

U.S. Map States and Capitols :
http://www.path2usa.com/USmap.htm

on-line map drills :