Re: [school-discuss] FW: OpenOffice in education

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 02:11, Randy Edwards wrote:
> > One of "extra features" in SO7 vs OOo 1.1 is QA.

In what way? The QA procedures in terms of software debuhgging etc are
common to both OO.o and SO7. They are managed through the OO.o QA
project and the guys could do with more help if there is anyone with
time. People without programming skills who can check through reported
issues are just as important if not more so than hackers.

>     I don't know.  To me, the single biggest difference between SO and OOo
> is the templates Sun includes for SO.  The newspaper/newsletter template is
> simply first rate, and the other templates are a nice bonus.
>
>     I think this is the area where both SO and OOo are lacking.  Those silly
> little bits of polish and shine that Microsoft is so good at.

We are working on it :-)

--
ian <ian.lynch2@ntlworld.com>