Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 20:56:09 -0800
From: Michael Dean <michaelldean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Off-list: Re: Talking Linux in School is a Serious Blunder!
	HTML_MESSAGE,HTML_TITLE_EMPTY,J_CHICKENPOX_32 autolearn=no
	version=3.0.2

--------------040307020605070800040408

--------------000702050006040407070704

Quite frankly, after reviewing your checkered past, you are the last
person with qualifications to site in judgement of me, my style or my
comments.  You are the last person I intend to share mirth.  You don't
even talk like a human being, but rather some limited frustrated Lisp
program created by the mad scientist.  Why you glommed onto me, with my
straightforward and concise statements of reality, I don't know.  Maybe
it has to do with your current work, which in the sense of conscripted
thought, rates very high.  The student usually does not criticize the
professor, which in reality, is our relationship, if any.  Get an
advanced degree before you attempt to produce advanced ideas.  I really
haven't seen anything with your name on it above the apprentice level in
quality, contribution,or conceptualization.  I am as sure that the woman
you spoke of years ago was the last woman you dated, as I am sure that
no self respecting female would now give you the time of day.  I laugh
when I envision you confronting a smiling woman and you say: your smile
does not parse.  And I, I would be sharing her bed.  You earn something
first, like any reasonable contribution to open source or something
other than a misfit degree at a second hand college before you caterwaul
others for making honest attempts at understanding.  By the way, you
live in my area, but if  should come face to face with you, my first
temptation would be to coldcock your ass.  And while you are laying on
your back, do doubt bewildered by any real person's natural reaction
toward your whining hypocrisy, you can continue to squeek "that does not
parse, that does not parse, that does not parse" like the puppet to
conventionality you are.

--

Dr. Michael Dean, CEO
*/SourceView Corporation/*

mdean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*/SourceView/* enables customized, secure, web based, user application
computer servers and workstations for*/ schools, nonprofits and small
businesses/*.  Our philosophy, vision, goals and objectives require a
goal-driven, minimalist Open Source (MIT/BSD licensed) distribution that
contains the full OSI stack of applications. */SourceView/* provides the
initial customized reference distribution free-of-charge! Winin 30 miles
of its Martinez office, */SourceView/* will also donate up to 30
workstations and one server running its software to nonprofit schools at
the K-8 level. */SourceView/* also enables, a structured,
crypto-graphically based infrastructure for installation, weekly
maintenance and upgrades that removes all posibility of successful
security exploits, spam and other malicious software exploits and
guarantees that each server is up to date.

--------------000702050006040407070704

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Quite frankly, after reviewing your checkered past, you are the last
person with qualifications to site in judgement of me, my style or my
comments.&nbsp; You are the last person I intend to share mirth.&nbsp; You don't
even talk like a human being, but rather some limited frustrated Lisp
program created by the mad scientist.&nbsp; Why you glommed onto me, with my
straightforward and concise statements of reality, I don't know.&nbsp; Maybe
it has to do with your current work, which in the sense of conscripted
thought, rates very high.&nbsp; The student usually does not criticize the
professor, which in reality, is our relationship, if any.&nbsp; Get an
advanced degree before you attempt to produce advanced ideas.&nbsp; I really
haven't seen anything with your name on it above the apprentice level
in quality, contribution,or conceptualization.&nbsp; I am as sure that the
woman you spoke of years ago was the last woman you dated, as I am sure
that no self respecting female would now give you the time of day.&nbsp; I
laugh when I envision you confronting a smiling woman and you say: your
smile does not parse.&nbsp; And I, I would be sharing her bed.&nbsp; You earn
something first, like any reasonable contribution to open source or
something other than a misfit degree at a second hand college before
you caterwaul others for making honest attempts at understanding.&nbsp; By
the way, you live in my area, but if&nbsp; should come face to face with
you, my first temptation would be to coldcock your ass.&nbsp; And while you
are laying on your back, do doubt bewildered by any real person's
natural reaction toward your whining hypocrisy, you can continue to
squeek "that does not parse, that does not parse, that does not parse"
like the puppet to conventionality you are.<br>
  <pre wrap="">(Off-list response)

    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/Email-Quotes.html";>http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/Email-Quotes.html</a>

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you'll have to
earn it.  Really.

How about you read what I wrote, take much of it tongue in cheek, laugh
at both me and yourself, and give it a fresh start?

Peace.

      <pre wrap="">Some years back, I dated a woman who'd grown up in NYC.  Sometimes, it
took a while for audio input and communications to gel.  Like the time
she said:  "we were all sitting around tokin'".

"Smoking pot?"

"No!  "Tawkin'".

In her case, I eventually worked it out.  I think my first read is more
apropos here.

on Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 01:15:22PM -0800, Michael Dean
        <pre wrap="">I think that it is a major blunder to view any rational thrust into the
schools adaptation of Open Source as a Linux initiative.

        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">wow, did I strike a nerve or what?  No one has reacted so sharply and
in such an ideologue fashion since the Harvard guy told it like it is
-- so much for political correctness.
Pardon?  I'm having a *hell* of a time parsing that.

Have LGMs invaded your ectoderm?  Did your brain take a vacation and
forget to provide notice?  Was it a good bottle of wine, or TJ's
Two-buck Chuck?

You haven't struck me as overly balanced at best here, but this is quite
the leap, Michael.

      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">Especially when schools, who are goal and objective driven, must sift
through thousands of duplicatory packages, many of dubious quality,
that comprise what I call the "kitchen sink" distros such as Redhat,
Suse, Mandrake and Debian.

        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">OK.  Let's look at this.  As it happens, I was just discussing distro

  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten/GNU/Linux/linux-new.html";>http://linuxmafia.com/~karsten/GNU/Linux/linux-new.html</a>

[...]

        <pre wrap="">We must, instead look at open source as a collection of tools to bbe
selected from the perspective of the teachers and admins.

        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Um.  Like, duh!

However:  the selection of tools is *not* orthogonal to "kitchen sink"
distros.   Unless you're describing something quite different from what
you appear to be writing.  Perhaps a theosophical deconstruction of
pre-Edwardian croquet?

      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">We must

        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Oh yes, absolutely.  We _must_.  Imperative.

Spare me.  And the air.  And think of the seals!

      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">produce an Educational System which is based on a minimalist, goal
driven philosophy.

        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">That's some primer fertilizer you've got going Michael?  How about
starting a tomato garden?

      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">FreeBSD would work equally well in schools, and it has a more rational
license.

        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Cap'n!  I don't think I canna hold her tagether much longer!  She's
breakin' up!

Breath deeply, Michael.  Try a paper bag.

If you're trying to say anything remotely close to what you _are_
saying, I think you've just grossly mistaken a curriculum for a distro.

      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">I am collecting papers for an edited books on Transforming Schools
Through Goal Driven Open Source Software.

        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Please do us a favor:  burn them.

While you're at it, providing a co-gen facility would provide a social
benefit.

      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">Any educator, or professional who can produce any
contribution to this title would be welcome to submit.

        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Oh dear.  Submission.

Nay!  Resist!

      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">Thanks you.

        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Thanks *you*.  Might favor you've done us.  Cheerio.

Peace.

      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">--

 Ideologues must react sharply, but did I really hit such a nerve?  So
much for faux political correctness.

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">begin:vcard
fn:Michael Dean
n:Dean;Michael
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:email;internet:michael.dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>email;internet:michael.dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>
tel;work:925-370-8439
tel;fax:none
tel;pager:none
tel;home:925-286-5556
tel;cell:925-286-5556
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
end:vcard

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

  </pre>
<title></title>
	<!--
		@page { size: 8.5in 11in; margin-left: 1.25in; margin-right: 1.25in; margin-top: 1in; margin-bottom: 1in }
		P { margin-bottom: 0.08in }
	-->
<b><i>SourceView
716 Alhambra Ave. <br>
Martinez, CA 94553
925-286-5556</p>
enables customized, secure, web based, user application computer
and small businesses</i></b>.&nbsp; Our philosophy, vision, goals
and objectives require a goal-driven, minimalist Open Source (MIT/BSD
licensed) distribution that contains the full OSI stack of
customized reference distribution free-of-charge! Winin 30 miles of
 style="font-style: normal;"> will also donate up to 30 workstations
and one server running its
also enables, a structured, crypto-graphically based infrastructure
for installation, weekly maintenance and upgrades that removes all
posibility of successful security exploits, spam and other malicious
software exploits and guarantees that each server is up to date. </p>

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>        http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
    Three things are not to be trusted; a cow's horn, a dog's tooth, and