Re: [school-discuss] Tux Paint

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 02:58:20PM -0800, Joel Kahn wrote:
> Neither of these are available in the still M$-based
> computer lab at her school.

You (and the school) realize Tux Paint runs on Windows (and Mac) too,
right? :)

<snip>
> I think that the right kinds of custom clipart might
> add a lot of educational value when teachers are using
> Tux Paint for various purposes in the classroom.

That's always been my home!  On occasion, folks also contribute stuff
they pull from places like Wikimedia and CreativeCommons.

For those who aren't good at photography or drawing, helping prep
pre-existing free content for use in Tux Paint is a good way to volunteer
(hint, hint) :)

(See this press release from over a year ago:
http://www.tuxpaint.org/latest/call-for-contributors-200701.php3 )

Oh, also note that as of the previous version (0.9.18), Tux Paint's
"Magic" tools are plug-in based, meaning people can write their own,
if they know (or want to learn) the C programming language. :^)

(See THIS press release, from November:
http://www.tuxpaint.org/latest/tuxpaint-0.9.18-press-release-en.php3 )

--
-bill!