Re: [school-discuss] Tux Paint

We are an international school in Southern China. Three years ago we faced
mounting software costs that were way past our means. So we ditched Kid Pi
x in favor of Tux paint [among other Open Source titles we've adopted in a
ll divisions]. Students have nothing but praise for Tux paint. I only wish
the simple save feature could be replaced with an option for standard savi
ng options for our older ES kids.

Anyhow, Kid Pix had a few options kids seemed addicted to, like that spinn
ing animated eraser, but the ES division is over the loss of those......cr
itical features. And I've got a 6 year old who's been using it for three y
ears now.

Robert Bauer
Information Technology Director
American International School of Guangzhou
Tel: (8620) 8735-3392 Fax: (8620) 8735-3339
 rbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxx