Re: [school-discuss] Donated Computers announcement draft, Take III

Leon Brooks wrote:

> Take 3 (on the seul-edu list, anyway), please criticise, and please offer more
> positive spin!

two tweaks:

> "On top of this, Open Source software is immune to almost all existing
> viruses, has an excellent security record, is extremely reliable, and in an
> educational setting often provides a deeper involvement in computers than
> programs deliberately designed for the classroom."
>
> The most important benefits were outlined[4]

I would insert "in a [DATE] address" here

> by Peruvian Congressmen Edgar

> Núñez, Daniel Estrada and Jacques Ackerman after sponsoring a Bill to require
> State agencies to use Open Source where possible: greater autonomy,
> development of local talent, greater security, more complete accountability,
> and adherence to standards (interoperability). The ecological advantages of
> keeping computers and toxic parts out of landfill speak for themselves.

"parts out of landfills" or "parts out of the landfill"
(However...this sounds like it may be one of those Commonwealth-vs.-Yankee usage
discrepancies. If that's the way they talk about garbage dumps in Oz, then play
through...)

Good stuff!

--William