Re: [school-discuss] SEUL/edu ISO software evals

5/10/02 12:59:26 PM, Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net> wrote:

>Jeff LeMieux (I'm not sure if Jeff's a teacher or not).
---I am.  (middle school math)

>Matt, Daniel, and Jeff, could one of you publicly volunteer (so the
>others know about it) to look at "Administrative"
><http://richtech.ca/cgi-bin/seul/seulvw.pl?category=Administrative>

I can sort these out into some general categories -  w.g., classroom, student scheduling,
student records, building management...

It would be nice to have some guidelines as to what the evaluation should
include.  Some suggestions might be:

APPEARANCE - is the interface inviting and self explanatory

PURPOSE - Does  the program sereve a legitimate need in the school
where you work?

UNIVERSALITY -  Can the data files generated be accessed by other programs?
Are there variable methods of output. Are there ways to input large amounts of
data from other sources. (not necessarily directly)

SPEED - Does this program actually save time, effort and serve a need?

ACCESSIBILITY - Are the parts of the program easy to use by the intended
audiences?

POSSIBLE CHANGES -

Also - how do we/where do we sent results?