From: Jeffrey Elkner [mailto:jeff@elkner.net]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 7:08 AM
To: schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net
Subject: [school-discuss] On-line quizzes...

I need to make a decision fairly soon about how best to prepare on-line
quizzes and tests for next year's AP Computer Science curriculum.  Our
school system has purchased Blackboard.com software, which works very
well for what I want to do but is not free and would make it difficult
to share with folks outside our school system.

What I would *really* like to do is use Zope, but I don't know of a
product that can do the kinds of things I need.  Specifically, I need:

1. Presentation of quiz/test questions:
  a. multiple choice
  b. matching
  c. fill in the blank

2. Automatic grading of quiz/test.

There are other requirements as well, such as user authentication and
such, but I already know how to do that in Zope.

I'm asking this list because the availability of such a tool would be a
big help to our effort, so before I use a proprietary solution I wanted
to check in here.

Thanks!

--
Jeffrey Elkner <jeff@elkner.net>