[school-discuss] test generation and public commons data

Hello,
I'm looking for texts that I can use legally to create publishable quizzes for English literature and other ed. domains.

I'm aware of PG http://www.promo.net/pg/ (Good for the 'classics')
and
creative commons http://search.creativecommons.org/
and
wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page (Great site!)

In the process I stumbled across
rmutt http://www.schneertz.com/rmutt/docs.html

and thought that was really cool... unfortunately it doesn't seem to allow a user to reference a secondary text files for populating nouns for example.

I've recently discovered that I can run style and diction from my php pages and it's fired my imagination on what else can be done with text provided there was a library of contemporary and classic docs that can be used by teachers everywhere.

My goal is to create thousands of multiple choice questions that can be freely used by teachers every where. I'm working on a script that will read in a list of target words, lift and CLOZE the words from texts and generate questions using the original text as the source for the reading comprehension. I'm not much of a programmer so would appreciate any help or guidance on this idea.

Many thanks for tips, trick, advice.
best
Dennis