[school-discuss] Choice of OS for Schools

[message redirected to schoolforge-discuss mailing list by list
owner]

To All,

I'm not sure if this is the list for this, and if not please let me
know what it is, but I would like to know what discussion has been
had around the issue of selecting a specific, or set, of operating
systems for schools. I see, from some comments on the list, that
there is mention of Linux. However, there are other operating
systems that are open source.

The reason I ask is that I represent an organization promoting
standards for an open source operating system that we feel would be
incredibly exciting and useful for schools and for students. This
operating system is BeOS, or more correctly OpenBeOS.

We are very interested in collecting information about what schools
need in an OS, and what students need, and what school admins need
too.

Thanks