RE: [school-discuss] paper test generation and answer scanning?

WeBWorK can generate paper copies, but they aren't formatted the best for
tests.  The problems are given in two columns without space to work right by
it.  I suppose that this could be remedied by someone willing to play with
LaTeX.  It can generate answer keys as well, again not formatted in the
easiest way.

I think Les is right about trying to use scantron.  I've been able to use
WeBWorK for testing specifically because I had machines for students to work
on (old salvage 486s mainly).

With the sheer number of tests you are looking at, it is a shame that the
online idea isn't viable.  It could save you a lot of money on printing and
shipping, etc.

If you think you want to try to use WeBWorK to generate your tests and keys,
I would talk to Arnie Pizer at the University of Rochester to see if he can
help you with some of the formatting issues.  He can be reached through the
WeBWorK page at http://webwork.math.rochester.edu

Mark