[school-discuss] X Application Server System

I just found out about this, and haven't looked at it in any detail:

http://xass.sourceforge.net/

 From their website:

"XASS is a system for creating application servers for the X Window
System. Clients can query servers or broadcast, and applications are run
on the servers but displayed on the client's display. Applications are
launched as the user who ran them, making XASS superb for heterogenous,
distributed, loadbalanced systems."

I think this may be worth investigating by the K12LTSP folks.  I don't
know if it would integrate well with their system, but it's worth
chedking out.

--
How valuable is my contribution?
Share your feedback at Affero: