Re: [school-discuss] TAET Fall Convention

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 14:50, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:24:33 -0500
> "Marilyn Hagle" <Marilyn.Hagle@gpisd.org> wrote:
>
>       Texas Association for Educational Technology Fall Convention
>       October 23 - 25
>       Galveston, Texas
>       http://www.taet.org

I will have another release (online only) of Knoppix for Kids soon, but
probably not in time for this show.  As soon as I start doing weekly
snapshots, I will let the list know.

I can send you a box (200) of the knoppix for kids that we did for NECC
in Seattle.

>       Ideas, other websites??  Any info would be appreciated.

Both OSEF and OFSET can use as much attention as we can get.

If there is anything we (OSEF) can do to help with this even, let me
know.  Right now we don't have a lot a funding, but I can help organize
things for you, maybe even a CDR release of knoppix for kids, etc.

> Please if you distribute and apreciate Freeduc-cd, tell about OFSET
> (http://www.ofset.org). We are spending a lot of energy writing software
> for education (not only Freeduc-cd), so please give the credit, we need
> support (moral and financial) to keep the good work

I second this.  Gcompris is wonderful.  The students at Corbett love
it.  Sometime I need to sit down and work on some of the international
currencies for it (IE American, Canadian, and Mexican coins, etc).

I hope the notices for OFSET that we including in the Knoppix for Kids
was to your liking.

			Harry

> Friendly,
>
> Hilaire Fernandes
> --
> Let's support Kids, Education and Free Software
> Aidons les Enfants, l'Éducation et les Logiciels Libres
> http://rate.affero.net/hilaire
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder
Hmcgregor@osef.org, (520) 661-7875 (CELL)
Open Source Education Foundation, http://www.osef.org
A non-profit tax exempt charitable organization