[school-discuss] please unsubscribe me from this list

From: owner-schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of lee
Sent: 13 October 2006 16:04
To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [school-discuss] Ubiquity

William Fragakis <william@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

!!!! Yes I forgot completely about NX. Thank you.

> It could be done now, of course, but X scales better (it takes
> a bit of server resources for the nx compression).

Hmm.... multi-core CPUs.

How feasible is an application farm? Seems like sessions could be load-balanced ala a reverse website proxy.

Is that on the payware side of NX?

> VNC will get you a desktop while FreeNX will let you use interactive
>  apps like Flash and childrens' programs without being dumbed down
> to 8 bit color.

Now that's truly neat. Is this b/c NX has a special video-driver function?

/lee

======
/lee
| This concludes our broadcast day |