Re: [school-discuss] Linux Kiosk

Fintan Gaughan wrote:
I would like some ideas to what I could do.
This link looks interesting http://gcompris.net/-About-GCompris

Any ideas and pointers?

You'll also want to look at Childsplay: http://childsplay.sourceforge.net/

Petre's advice is good, although it will require a network to use it (it wouldn't need to be connected to the internet). I'd advise loading one of the education-specific distros (which may already have GCompris and Childsplay, plus many more apps, as part of the installation) and then going about "kioskizing" it. I'll see what I can come up with for more specific recommendations.

Doug Loss