Re: [school-discuss] Do Something Dot Org - Ideas - etc . - Spoonflower.com

If nothing else, they should be members. :-)

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 11:10 PM,  <marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just read through all of the comments.  Really great brainstorming.
>
> It seems to me like we want to achieve something like http://spoonflower.com
>  has  unintentionally achieved.
>
> Joel sent us this link a couple of months ago.   This company prints fabric
> that individuals create via computer graphics.  It talks about Photoshop and
> Illustrator, but says, "since most of you are not professional computer
> graphics artists, you probably cannot afford  to purchase Photoshop for $600
> and Illustrator for $500, so we recommend you use The Gimp and Inkscape."
> And they supply links to tutorials for using The Gimp and Inkscape.
>
> The result is that there are hundreds of individuals out there now designing
> fabric and patterns using The Gimp and Inkscape.  You should go and look at
> the amazing amazing fabric art.
>
> Now, Spoonflower.com is one of the best advocates for open source software
> on the web.
>
> Can we use this model to do the same thing?
>
>  What do you think?
>
> Marilyn  :)

http://intknowledge.com
For Schools: http://ischoolnet.org
For Teachers: http://flossed.org
For You:
Hosting, Design and Development: http://www.web4you.in.th

New location: (Map: http://ischoolnet.org/map)
NEW Mailing Address: PO Box 90, Suthisan Post Office
International Knowledge Networks, Co., Ltd.
Din Daeng, Bangkok 10321
Thailand
+66(0)84 329 1183 (cell); +66(0)2 693 8144 (Don't dial the zero (0)
outside of Thailand.