Re: [school-discuss] StarOffice in Edu.

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:09, Chris Puttick wrote:
> The bad news is I haven't found a good explanation why education haven't
> adopted StarOffice/OpenOffice wholesale. The good news is in the UK it's
> happening in more and more areas, and with it a recognition of the
> effectiveness of Linux, particularly by primary schools and specifically
> the benefits of thin client setups. Watch this space...

University of Western Australia is almost certainly going to be using
StarOffice next year. One of the two PowersThatBe in CompSci was idly
discussing the idea at a meeting last night and happened to be within earshot
of the local Sun rep. The ensuing conversation was marvellous to be party to.
(-:

Cheers; Leon