Re: [school-discuss] Student Information Management Systems

Hi Craig,

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Curt Craig wrote:

> A little help?  We're exploring some options for deploying a SIS on Linux
> thin-client networks. (similar to LTSP)
>
> I'd appreciate some input as to:
>
> Any experiences with OS SIS packages (such as Centre, or any others we could
> look at?)

Our/My software called Open Admin for Schools is a lightweight web based
SIS package based on MySQL/Perl. It is GPL'd. It is currently being used
in 4 divisions (that I know about) here in Saskatchewan, Canada and by
some international schools.

I have several demonstration sites for Main Admin, Teacher, and IEP. They
are linked on my main page (which includes documentation) at:

http://richtech.ca/openadmin

Les Richardson