[school-discuss] So long windows

Hello everyone,

With some trepidation I am committing to reconfiguring my class set of notebooks (24 in all) to operate with Linux. I am using Ubuntu 6.06LTS. At some point I may test the Edubuntu waters but I basically need access to the net and an office type program and Ubuntu alone has all I need at this point.

Is there a linux program comparable to Netsupport School that allows central control of computers from a single teacher station? If not I can live with it. Either way, windows is getting kicked to the curb. I'm free...

John Mitchell
New Linux convert,
6th grade math teacher from Tennessee