RE: [school-discuss] Live CD: DIY vs. Distribution

Thanks to everyone for responding.

One of your members contacted me and gave me exactly what I was looking for.

Regards,

John

________________________________> Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 06:35:49 -0700> From: jriddiough@xxxxxxxxx> To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [school-discuss] Live CD: DIY vs. Distribution>> For those who are looking for such a thing, why don't we get to work> populating this page with links?> http://www.schoolforge.net/education-software/compilations-live-cd> I think that's a great idea :) Is there anyone interested in populating & maintaining this listing? (And perhaps the distributions listing as well) It's not hard to do, but I'd like to start with one or two people entering the info in there.> (a little off the topic, Seeing as there has been no response yet to the request to have someone take on the conferences section.. I think there might have been a suggestion of a spotlight section, or a sort of rolodex for some of the support organizations? Is it unfair of me to think that these fine folks should take on some small tasks like this to support the site? hint hint :)> So that brings me back to my original argument: should Schoolforge really> be in the business of producing a live CD "distribution"? I believe it> should not be.> I agree with this comment 100%. A wise person once said "If existing distributions don't yet meet the needs of SchoolForge members, we should be talking to them and getting involved in their projects to help them produce something that meets our needs"> Justin

Capture your memories in an online journal!