Re: [school-discuss] Linux LiveCD Distribution attn: UnoKitty

Uno,

We have been given bandwidth and hardware to serve the media, and we hope to have it operational soon. I plan to release a bittorrent immediately.  If you are interested in a copy right away, send your hardware profile to DarwinX86@xxxxxxxxx

for those who do not have the bandwidth to download, we will make a few hundred copies and mail them out as requested. If you need a hard copy, include a shipping address with your hardware profile, but please, only if you absolutely need it.

Hardware profile info wanted:

Brand Computer
CPU Model  Intel / AMD / PowerPC / Sparc
GPU Model  ATI / Nvidia / Intel GM / Other
Hard drive capacity
Amount of System Ram
Number and Type of optical drives
Bios hotkey that takes you to the boot menu on startup (usually esc or F12 allows you to choose boot disk)
Can you boot from USB drive? yes/no

Also, please tell us a little bit about what you hope to do with it.

Thanks,

Chris