Re: [school-discuss] Linux distribution

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 08:06:05AM -0400, LM wrote:
> I've been communicating with a couple of Linux users who are
> interested in designing their own Linux distribution.

It's the wrong goal.  A potentially right one is to understand
what they want/need to accomplish by means of some software
and *then* to figure out what are the problems to do that
with existing distros, for example.

I know the game to some extent having seen quite a few forks
and some merges somewhat closely and having participated in
a few of those, and having supported Linux commercially for
something like ten years.

It's very important to understand whether there's a real goal
there or just a desire to fool around with some bling ideas
(and to step down when the wear of daily support comes close).

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
###