Education Launchpad progress

OK,

I'm working on this launchpad thing, and I think it will probably work.
I already have it so that it can make a list of all applications
installed which conform to my specifications.  Hopefully I'll get what I
have on CVS before too long.

Question:  I was planning to have the launchpad SUID to the education
administrator, so that the students would not be able to modify their
DBM record files (as if a 5th grader would know how to do that....)
This opens a problem though since the launchpad will eventually execute
the program.  Is there a way for a SUID process to launch a process that
is not SUID?????

Thanks,
Micah
--