Linux Core Spec

Setting aside compilability, support can be difficult for a non-standard
file
system. When I ask a client to look at a certain file and it isn't there
have to waste a lot of time looking for the files. A company providing
support
for a product will want all Linux file systems to look alike.
Personally I don't care where files are put but it would be nice for all
of us
to put them in the same place.
Can't we use hard links to put a file in two places at once?
                                                       -Jeff