Re: The Kernel (fwd)

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, Rick Jones wrote:

> So you're saying there's no purpose in having the distro list because
> you take action while others talk?  You're just going to make what you
> think is right no matter what anyone on the list has to say about it?

No, I am saying that I can not afford to waste time right this minute
discussing things that are problably best discussed by others.  I am NOT
saying that the kernel will not be changed ... I am saying that 0.1 will
not have a changed kernel ...If you WANT to have a changed kernel in 0.1
FINE then I will call the baseline 0.0 but we HAVE to have a baseline from
where to start! And in that case I will get on with putting 0.0 together
so that you can have something from which to create 0.1

Get it????  I am not dictating development policy, I am simply stating
that we must have a starting point, a pile of nails, and wood from which
to start.  THAT is all I am putting together ... it will NOT be a
"release" and it is not intended to be issed to the public.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org