Re: The Kernel (fwd)

George Bonser wrote:

> Look, saying things is one thing ... doing is another.  You can always
> find a thousand people with an opinion on how someone else should do
> something.

So you're saying there's no purpose in having the distro list because
you take action while others talk?  You're just going to make what you
think is right no matter what anyone on the list has to say about it?

Omega:  Might as well get rid of the seul-dev-dist list.  George doesn't
need no stinking talk.  He doesn't need anybody elses opinion.  He knows
what he's doing.

Have you ever been involved in developing software, George?

You don't seem to have a clue as to what these (seul-dev-) lists are
for.  These aren't "users lists".

> All of these ideas can be considered.  We can not modify a kernel because
> the is no kernel to modify.  We can not modify an install procedure
> because the is no install procedure to modify.  We can not talk about how
> things should be changed because there is nothing to change at that point.

This is what you don't seem to be comprehending.  We HAVE ALL of these
things all over the damned net.  All we need to do is set down a
structure, get the software and modify it to our structure concept.  You
are taking off on your own to put together SEUL when you have no clue
what SEUL is going to be, because we are busy hashing it out.

You should be gathering info, posting to the list concerning aspects of
what you find, requesting comments/suggestions, making decissions based
on the input from the list and recording it.  Once one aspect is ironed
out, either get the package together yourself or get a list member to
handle that while you go on to other things.  Different compartments
will be able to move faster than others because there are some things
you just can't remove.

> Feel free to discuss how you want it to look.  I am not going to get
> involved in it at this point because it only serves to divert my attention
> away from getting something put together that we can start working on to a
> milion discussions on a million topics with the proponent of each one
> thinking it should be the top priority.

What is your problem?  I have asked you to post your agenda/outline so
we can all get involved in it and get it done and you still sidestep
it.  You decide what the priorities are but let us know so we can
attempt to give you pertainant feedback.  This is not a one man show
here.

Every time you post "what you are doing" and people respond with
suggestions you find a way to shrug them off.  You were working on a
boot disk.  You got input concerning the boot process and argued against
the suggestion until finally saying that you're doing it the way it is
already done period, and that there are "larger issues" to work on at
this time.  If there were/are larger issues to work on, why were you
working on the damned boot disk that you didn't want to listen to
suggestions for?

I ask you again.  For the third time.  Post an outline/agenda of what
you are planning to do sio we can "HELP" you decide,research, modify,
and package it.