[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: SEUL: SEUL duplicating efforts?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 14-Feb-98 Donovan Rebbechi wrote:
- ->> The right thing to do is allowing the user to start X from the command
- ->> line but making it easy to switch to XDM once he knows X works.
- -> yep.
Nope. There is *no* reason for a console environment to be the users first
impression of SEUL outside of not wanting X or using some off the wall
hardware, in which case s/he probably knows not to use X to begin with.
- ->> We
- ->> must insure he knows how to set up XDM and how to return to command
- ->> line.
Easily done in XDM itself.
- ->> Also have a couple of gettys started even in XDM mode. In that mode
- ->> XDM will restart another server if you use CTRL-ALT-Backspace so you
- ->> can't use it for going out of X. In contrast you can use CTRL-ALT-F1
- ->> to go char mode and kill xdm from it if you a getty started.
I don't follow you with this. CTRL-ALT-BS restarts the same X server.
E-Mail: Cyberdyn@seul.org Date: 14-Feb-98 Time: 18:58:06
"I drive my car quietly, for it goes without saying."
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----