Re: SEUL: Stopping dreams

> > I would probably stick it in .bash_login which is only invoked on a login
> > shell. This prevents you from being troubled by the message when you spawn
> > an xterm. Also, bash will execute what it finds in .bash_logout when you
> > log out to shut the x server down.
> this idea keeps looking better. :)

No.  This idea does nothing but make things complicated.  If you were
presented with a text-based login setup as you were first introduced to the
greatest OS of all time, supposedly a Windoze-killer, would you be
impressed?  I thought not.

XDM has been, is, and will be the way to do logins.  This is what XDM was
designed for.  Please, stop wasting time on this non-problem.  There are
more pressing issues.

Also, please try to make sure that replies are sent to seul-dev-ui, and
that the To: lines are cleaned up.  I'm personally getting 2 or three
copies of every message sent, which gets tiring.

     Erik Walthinsen <omega@seul.org> - SEUL Project system architect
        __
       /  \                SEUL: Simple End-User Linux -
      |    | M E G A            Creating a Linux distribution
      _\  /_                         for the home or office user