Re: [seul-edu] Teaching Language Software

Thanks for the clarification Doug.

Sorry, I mean languages like, French, Spanish, Italian,
German, etc.  During the school year we teach 14 - 18
year olds.  In the summer we teach ages 10 - 18.
Ideally the software would be able to accomdate a wide
age range too.  Something that can be simple and fun and
something that can be more serious as the student
progresses.

I am not a language teacher so I am not completely sure
about all this though.

Bill

Quoting Doug Loss <dloss@suscom.net>:

> Bill Tihen -- TECHNOLOGY wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know what is available to teach
languages.
> > I haven't been given clear goals on what this
software
> > should be able to do which makes it difficult to
know
> > what to research.  But we are looking for some type
of
> > computerized language lab (does something like this
> > exist on any platform?).
>
> Are we talking about computer languages or natural
languages?  All the
If you mean
> natural languages, see if LingoTeach or QVocab will
work.  Reto Stamm
> and (I think) Joachim Wieland are on this mailing
list, so they may be
> able to answer any questions you might have about
using their programs.

> --
> Doug Loss                 Even if you're on the right
track,
> Data Network Coordinator  you'll get run over if you
just
> Bloomsburg University     sit there.
> dloss@bloomu.edu                Will Rogers

TASIS (The American School In Switzerland)
Lugano-Montagnola, Switzerland
<http://www.tasis.ch/>