RE: [seul-edu] MS targeting schools for software audits...

 > On 22-04-2002 at 15:21 Ed Lawson wrote:

 > >paul melo wrote:

 > >>On Monday 22 April 2002 11:11, you wrote:
 > >>"......even those running Linux or Mac OS."
 > >>Could someone explain this part to me?
 > >>How could they say MS licenses be "required" if running Linux?
 > >>Appears to be absurd.

 > >They can offer any package/requirements they want.  The rationale
 > >no doubt is that it eliminates any potential dispute over
 > whether or not
 > >sufficient licenses exist.  Of course it tends to make
 > people run their
 > >software too.

Could somebody document this with an online reference or source? I'd
like to link to the item in my newsletter, but for obvious reasons,
some comments in a mailing list won't do the trick...

-- Stephen

-
Stephen Downes ~ Senior Researcher ~ National Research Council
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

http://www.downes.ca stephen@downes.ca stephen.downes@nrc.ca
http://www.iit.nrc.ca/e-learning.html

Subscribe to my free daily newsletter featuring news and articles
about online knowledge, learning, community
http://www.downes.ca/cgi-bin/website/subscribe.cgi or read it at
http://www.downes.ca/news/OLDaily.htm
-