Re: [seul-edu] Re: ISO

At 06:59 PM 4/25/2002, you wrote:
>Stephen C. Daukas wrote:
>
>At 03:05 PM 4/25/2002, Doug wrote:
>
>>[1]
>>
>>>OK.  How to proceed?  First, let's look through the entries in the
>>>Educational
>>>Applications Index <http://richtech.ca/seul/> and identify candidates
>>>for inclusion in the ISO.
>
>>[big snip]
>>I am most and interested and believe I can get local resources to help
>>with 3, 4 & 5.  I would also like to participate with 1 & 2, but being
>>new to teaching, I have less of a network to "work" and can't make
>>promises at this point...
>>Should we try to actually put together a team at this point and see if we
>>can flesh out the plan?
>
>Let's do it.If anyone reading this message is interested in helping on this

[snip]

Good!

We should put together a structure for tracking feedback from the
participant teachers, as well as techies, etc., etc.  We could use CVS for
this, but I'm not sure what mechanisms we have to play with, who can host
what, etc...  A web site is a good thing, as has been suggested, and I have
the resources of a very active LUG, an engineering university, as well as
my exam school for gifted students to draw from...

I am happy to see what I can do in terms of infrastructure and a technical
staff (so to speak).  I do have experience in similar efforts (I used to be
one of the technical directors for OMG, the folks who brought the world
CORBA, etc..  We had 800 member companies that all contributed to technical
conferences and other efforts...).  A good friend of mine, who founded the
LUG I'm thinking of, does some Open Source work for Linux now, so I'm sure
he can set-up the necessaries blindfolded.

I'm heading to Canada tomorrow, so I won't be able to respond further until
Monday.  Think of me as a resource for getting this put together!   If the
powers that be want to contact me, just shoot me an email and I'll forward
all of my contact info...

Regards,
Steve