Re: [seul-edu] Re: ISO

Stephen C. Daukas wrote:

At 03:05 PM 4/25/2002, Doug wrote:

> [1]
>
>> OK.  How to proceed?  First, let's look through the entries in the
>> Educational
>> Applications Index <http://richtech.ca/seul/> and identify candidates
>> for inclusion in the ISO.

> [big snip]
>
> I am most and interested and believe I can get local resources to help
> with 3, 4 & 5.  I would also like to participate with 1 & 2, but being
> new to teaching, I have less of a network to "work" and can't make
> promises at this point...
>
> Should we try to actually put together a team at this point and see if
> we can flesh out the plan?

Let's do it.If anyone reading this message is interested in helping on
this, speak up.  The first thing to do is to get some teachers to look
through the Index and pick the apps that look like good candidates.  I
_know_ there are a number of teachers reading this message.  Step up!
  You don't have to go over the entire list.  Just pick your
particular area of expertise and take a good look at the apps in that
category.  If some category doesn't get any volunteers, we'll have to
look at parceling those apps out to people willing to look at them.

This is your chance to influence the course of the Linux in education
movement, folks!  Join us!

--
Doug Loss          As long as I have you there is just
drloss@suscom.net  one other thing I'll always need--