Re: [seul-edu] Re: ISO

How about flightgear, while this is a game it does teach the basics of flying
aircraft,  which is complex as you also learn about altituse, airspeed etc.

other ideas.

rasmol
molecular weight calculator
there are various chemical drawing packages available like jchemdraw and jmol
(java based)
There is also a program under suse which simulates titration curves,  called
xem it's french but I am sure someone can adapt it however it's fairly easy
to work out what the chemicals are anyway,  e,g acide hydrochlorique ie well
HCl

Fractal programs are nice to teach maths, or demonstrate maths,  again the
kids will probably like getting fractal pictures to print out at the end,
(suitable for younger kids and older kids who will be looking at the theory
behind fractals)
xgas has something to do with gas laws.
another game is atomic entertainment which again is quite challenging and
once you have spent a few hours making up someof the chemicals you are less
likely to forget how they went together,  (learning through fun)
you also have games like the free railroad tycoon clone, which in a way helps
to teach about business,
kdevelop and related seems to go without saying.

I can't think of much more from the top of my head,

Hope this list is of some use though
Paul (UK)