Re: [seul-edu] (FWD) I'm new.

Roger Dingledine wrote:

> From: tom@defenestrated.net
> To: seul-edu@seul.org
> Subject: I'm new.
>
> Hi, I'm Tom. I am the Technology coordinator at a small private school in
> Connecticut(westoverschool.org). I also do web/db stuff for epie.org.
> I am very interested in developing linux/gnu based applications for k12
> education. My school currently uses linux for apache/mysql, network
> monitoring, and appletalk services. By the end of the week ( before school
> starts), I hope to be using linux for DCHP SAMBA and DNS as well for
> diskless workstations. I am very interested in working on a linux
> distibution tailored for k12 schools.

Welcome, Tom.  We have a number of people here who can help with setting up
XTerminals using Linux, as well as the standard server backend stuff.  What
kind of apps were you interested in working on?  As for a Linux distro
tailored for education, we talked about that a while age, but I think we
pretty much agreed to be distribution-agnostic so as to make our work as
widely applicable as possible.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid